Icycle Sports, located in the heart of Whitehorse, is looking for a Technician Manager to join the team. We are Yukon’s year-round bike and ski experts. We pride ourselves on providing great customer service, expert honest advice and a friendly, inclusive and welcoming environment!
Join our family of passionate outdoor enthusiasts, and cyclists!
Duties and Responsibilities
Overseeing the Service Center by:
- Managing incoming service needs;
- Tracking and managing inventory for service and repair needs;
- Scheduling and assigning service tasks for the team;
- Providing assistance to customers in complex cases;
- Develops and delivers bike and ski maintenance courses;
- Diagnosing and Servicing Bikes and Skis, and,
- Mentoring and developing Technicians.
Providing a positive customer service experience by:
- Taking time to listen and understand customer needs;
- Providing sound advice and expertise on equipment and maintenance, and,
- Creating a welcoming, non-judgemental and comfortable environment for all customers.
Fulfills Retail Service Role by:
- Receiving, entering and merchandising orders and new stock;
- Assisting with Opening and Closing Procedures, and,
- Keeping up with Special Orders and Warranty Situations.
Flexibility to float to all other departments to provide support and back up.
Other tasks and duties will be assigned as needed.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
Please ensure your resume clearly demonstrates how you meet each of the following:
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in a relevant field such as: Outdoor Education or Outdoor recreation.
- Nine or more years’ experience as both a Ski and Bike technician, which would include experience servicing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and overhauling all disciplines of bikes (TT, DH, BMX, E-bike) and all disciplines of skis and bindings.
- Experience supervising and mentoring Bike and Ski Technicians.
- Experience teaching Bike and Ski Maintenance to non-technical individuals.
- Extensive Retail experience with both bikes and skis.
- Extensive experience managing bike rental fleets and providing rental customer care.
- Experience operating, servicing, and safety checking Wintersteiger Stone Grinder, Grind-rite, and other ski tunning equipment.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, holidays and scheduled events;
- Travel as needed for work and events throughout the Territory;
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs;
- Ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment, at times under tight time constraints;
- Requires working power equipment and hazardous materials;
- WHIMIS Certification or the ability to obtain it upon hire, and,
- Drivers Licence with clean diver’s abstract.
This position is full-time - 40 hours per week.
Submit a resume and cover letter highlight how your experience matches our position and why you would be a good fit for Icycle Sports. Please note only resumes that include a cover letter will be considered.
NOC Code: 73209 – Other repairers and servicers
We thank everyone for their time and consideration in applying, but only those selected for the next step will be contacted.
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].